NBN™ Coverage Map
The CQ Connect NBN plan is an internet package aimed at providing a high quality internet connection to users in Central Queensland and giving back to the community.
This product is a data only connection.
Basic NBN Plans
- Basic up to 12/1 mbps, 100GB Data, $59 per month
- Basic up to 12/1 mbps, Unlimited Data, $69 per month
Standard NBN Plans
- Standard up to 25/5 mbps, 100 GB Data, $69 per month
- Standard up to 25/5 mbps, Unlimited Data, $79 per month
Advanced NBN Plans
- Advanced up to 50/20 mbps, 100GB Data, $79 per month
- Advanced up to 50/20 mbps, Unlimited Data, $89 per month
Super NBN Plans
- Super up to 100/40 mbps, 100GB Data, $89 per month * (if available)
- Super up to 100/40 mbps, Unlimited Data, $99 per month * (if available)
All plans are under a minimum 12 month contract.
Setup charges of $129.00 will include a NBN ready modem.
Support a Local Organisation
CQ Connect will donate to a local organisation $2.50 per limited service or $5 per unlimited service per month for the period which the service is connect with CQ Connect under contract.
Details of the local organisations CQ Connect supports are available here.
- This product is only available to customers who have access to the NBN Network.
- This product is only available to customers within the Rockhampton and Mackay CSA.
This service requires an NBN compatible modem.
CQ Connect only supports approved hardware.
This service is subject to a 12 month agreement. Disconnection of this service prior to the end of the contract period will incur a $165 Early Termination Fee.
There is no installation fee for this service however premises in a new development area are subject to the New Development Charge charged by NBN™ of $300.
If you don’t have an active phone line that you are willing to sacrifice in FTTN / FTTB areas, you may be required to pay for a subsequent install currently set at $300* exc. GST + Labour Rate + Materials *cost subject to change by NBNco.
Our Support Team is able to help with any support issues you may encounter.
They can be reached at 1300 488 898 or email@example.com.
The CQ Connect NBN Plan may not be available in all areas or premises. There may be technical or commercial reasons that affect our ability to connect a service at your address. Please contact our team for availability on 1300 488 898.
The speeds described in the plan tiers may be higher than the practical speeds of some servers and customer equipment. NBN™ does not guarantee speeds above 25/5Mbps on a FTTN/FTTB connection. The download and upload speeds stated are the maximum that each type of link can deliver and will rarely, if ever, be achieved by any user for all sorts of reasons. CQ Connect makes no guarantees of any kind on the actual speeds that will be achieved by any individual users as we rely on NBN™ to ensure services are provisioned to deliver optimum speeds at all times. Speeds that customers experience on these services in practice have tended to be affected by the following internal and external factors:
- The type of content being downloaded by the end-user;
- The connection method within the premises (wireless or fixed);
- The end-user’s network, operating system, hardware, software and software configuration (e.g. router/firewall configuration);
- The number of individual end-users at a residence using the service at the same time;
- The source of the content (the destination host) being downloaded (including any content server limitations);
- Network contention or congestion in CQ Connect’s Network or any of our supplier’s networks;
- For FTTN/FTTB connections, the distance from the Node to the premises and quality of the copper that services your premises and/or the internal wiring.
If you wish to change your speed after installation, a fee of $16.50 will be payable on your next invoice.
Billing Cycle and Upfront Payment
All CQ Connect plans are billed on the first of each month for that month.
If the service is activated between 2nd and 23rd, you will receive an interim bill for the period of activation date until end of month, then monthly after that.
If the service is activated between 24th and the end of the month, your first bill will be received on the 1st of the following month and will also include a pro-rata charge for the previous month.
All CQ Connect plans are to be paid by direct debit.
Upfront payment is required to process any CQ Connect NBN order.
Terms and Conditions
- This Critical Information Summary form part of the Entire Agreement and needs to be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions available on the CQ Connect website.
- Fair Use Policy applies.
- This plan is for consumer/residential use only.
- Connections to an existing NBN installation can take up to 3 business days.
- Connections to premises requiring an NBN installation are subject to NBN technician availability.
Financial Hardship Policy
Customer Complaint Handling Policy
Fair Use Policy (“FUP”)
Our FUP is to ensure that you do not use our Services in an excessive or unreasonable manner. The CQ Connect FUP is intended to ensure all active customers have access to Services that are continuously of high quality.
If your usage of CQ Connect services is deemed excessive, we may contact you and request that you decrease your usage.
After contact from CQ Connect, should your usage continue to be excessive, CQ Connect may, without further notice to you:
- Suspend or limit your Service, or service feature, for a length of time CQ Connect deems necessary;
- Terminate your Agreement;
- Revise the pricing of your service according to usage.
CQ Connect considers the excessive use threshold of utilisation to be over an average of 900Kbps per month.